Wednesday, October 19, 2005

The Tomatometer almost bottoms out

Hey Kiddies,

So, I just thought I'd point out that The Fog got a 4% average rating on the Rotten Tomatoes Tomatometer. I often find the Tomatometer a fairly good litmus test for how good or bad a movie is. I also find it somewhat reassuring that my extremely acerbic reaction to the film was not due to indigestion and heartburn, and that other critics, including those who are actually professionals, had my back.

While poking around Rotten Tomatoes I decided to look up other films which recieved a ratings mean in the single digits.

I discovered that even Gigli (which I admit I've never seen) beat the Fog by three percentage points, garnering a robust rating of 7%! Moreover, movies that rival The Fog remake for the worst rating ever include, Battlefield Earth, which also got a 4%, the Rollerball remake which got a 3%, and yes the fantastically abysmal Ballistic: Ecks Vs. Sever , which got a 0%!!!!

2 Comments:

Blogger Patrick A. Reed said...

In all fairness, there is ONE sequence in the Rollerball remake that is pure, unadulterated, genius. Sadly, it's only about five seconds long, and has nothing to do with the plot. But it's AMAZING.

Someday, when I have the ability to make DVD mix discs, that five second sequence is gonna be one of my fallback tracks.

6:13 PM  
Blogger Kalinda said...

Actually never saw it or the original. Editing movies to your own tastes is awesome. My dad mad his own version of Top Gun which completely omitted Kelly McGillis.

9:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares