Tuesday, March 22, 2005

We're not the only ones!

While trolling on defamer.com I came across this posting about Ricky Gervais. Apparently we Americans aren't the only cultural illiterates around, British people get lazy too!

Ricky says: “I am not a big reader,” he said... He has read only one novel in his life, “The Catcher in the Rye.” He was 28 at the time. “It was great,” he said, “but there’s only so much time in the day.”

Wowee. By this logic the number of novels that one has read seems to be inversely related to one's propensity for good fortune in this town. The less novels the more success. Crap. I'm gonna go revoke my membership to the public library now...

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm not sure I take everything Ricky Gervais says very seriously. But who knows...

3:08 PM  
Blogger Kalinda said...

Perhaps, but I have my own ideas....

6:45 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares