Wednesday, May 10, 2006

The New Yorker makes a bashful confession

Moments after mocking a fellow geek and friend, I purchased Bad Twin , the LOST tie in novel released this month. Written by fictional author Gary Troup, who was on Oceanic Flight 815, the book is the published incarnation of the manuscript that Sawyer was reading in last week's episode. Hopefully, the book will include the last pages of the novel, where as Jack threw the last few pages of the manuscript into the fire to get Sawyer’s attention.

This is a little embarrassing I know, and I shouldn’t be falling for it, but I just can’t help myself. The novel, which seems to be a noir pot boiler, must surely contain some sort of clues or thematic links to upcoming events in the TV show. What I want to know is, who is the poor schlub that had to crank out this 256 page mystery and not get any of the credit for it?

Oh who am I trying to kid, I would have taken the job in a second…

3 Comments:

Blogger Kalinda said...

Hmm interesting. I wonder if that guy is solely hired to do tie in stuff or if he's a mystery novel who happens to publish his stuff under the umbrella of tie in material...

3:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's all about this:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lost_Experience

10:26 PM  
Blogger Kalinda said...

Yeah, I checked that out. Seems intriguing for sure.

10:57 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares