Tuesday, March 01, 2005

Take Me Away! I don't mind, just as long as I get back in ti - ha - yime!



I love the time travel genre, filled with its mind boggling conundrums and paradoxes. I am a huge fan of the Back to the Future trilogy and 12 Monkeys (the original Time Machine is a classic, though on recent viewing it was a little worse for the wear) and I'm always keeping an eye out for that next clever movie that creatively deals with time travel.

Check out the trailer for the film The Jacket, starring Adrien Brody and everyone's favorite British waif Keira Knightly. (courtesy of Yahoo! movies)

If you have trouble viewing the trailer you can click on "change settings" and a pop up window will appear which will allow you to choose your media player.

I'm not sure what to make of it yet myself. The first half looks pretty neat, and that morgue cubby they shove Adrien Brody into looks terrifying, just remembering those images make me shiver with clausterphobia. I'm not sure what I think about Keira's American accent, and I particularly hate the music that comes in at the end. Isn't it time that Rob Zombie and his ilk, just.....went away, or something?

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey, I fucking love Rob Zombie. "More human than human..." Heck Yeah!

9:39 PM  
Blogger Kalinda said...

To each their own I suppose...

11:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares