Wednesday, November 02, 2005

Star Wars & Brainiacs

In conjunction with the DVD release of Star Wars Episode III: The Revenge of the Sith, yesterday Slate.com ran an article by Aidan Wasley, titled “Star Wars: Episodes I – IV, The greatest postmodern art film ever.”

The article give some analysis on the narrative presence and structure in the Star Wars saga, and finds some theoretical metaphors between the films’ plotting and post-modern ideals.

To me, the article read like a dry grad student essay, and I thought some of his analytical points felt a bit forced. But please, don’t let my pedestrian intellect prevent you from potentially enjoying the darn thing.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

first!

if this post were a car, my comment would be the bumper sticker that read: I WOULD RATHER BE http://www.startrekexp.com/

3:43 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Listed on BlogShares